Founder and CEO Jessica Ewing (a former product manager at Google) explained that the Austin-based company started out with book clubs for kids, before launching its Luminary brand for adult book clubs last year. And the Luminary clubs live up to the name — they’re curated by notable figures such as activist and Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai, NBA star Stephen Curry, entrepreneur and philanthropist Sir Richard Branson, journalist Susan Orlean and the Joseph Campbell Foundation. Read more.
- Weekly Headlines: The Future Of ‘Alternatives’ Is Coming To Peanut Butter & CBD
- Big Week For Springdale 💥: Marissa’s On WSJ, FN-USA, FBU, & Welcome Outlaw 7.16
- Weekly Headlines, But first Marissa’s Onboard + SV Portcos Roundtable Are 🔥🔥 7.09
- Weekly Headlines: 🌱Plant Meat Comes In Full Force, But 🍩 Nothing Is As Sweet As Krispy Kreme’s IPO 7.02
- Weekly Consumer Headlines 6.25