Founder and CEO Jessica Ewing (a former product manager at Google) explained that the Austin-based company started out with book clubs for kids, before launching its Luminary brand for adult book clubs last year. And the Luminary clubs live up to the name — they’re curated by notable figures such as activist and Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai, NBA star Stephen Curry, entrepreneur and philanthropist Sir Richard Branson, journalist Susan Orlean and the Joseph Campbell Foundation. Read more.
- Weekly Headlines: Support Native American-Owned Consumer Brands Today & Every Day
- Weekly Headlines: Major Uptick In CPG Transactions & Sustainability
- Weekly Headlines: Are Smaller Footprint & Plant-Based Key To Driving Food Service Growth?
- Consumer Goods IPOs ‘Fall’ In September’s Last Weekly Headlines Roundup
- Weekly Headlines: How “My Dog Eats Better Than Me” Fuels More Deals In Pet Food